R E S E A R C H = Emotional objets   (   ACCESSORY x.4 /  STATIONERY x.5 /  FURNITURE x.5 /  INTERIOR x.5 /  LIVING x.7 /  EDUCATION x.1 / )
#

Over the Moon
the moonlight resting / couch

Experiment :  FURNITURE x Imagination
Researcher   :  i³Lab. [ i-cubed-lab ]
with Chin Wei Loon
Research site :  the moment of sitting
Subject :  couch
Application   :  moonlight effect
Result   :  sitting on the moon
Created   :Sep.2011

OVER THE MOON is a glow-in-the-dark couch that gives you a dream-like experience as if you are sitting on the Moonlight. When you switch off the light of the room, these half-Moon & Full Moon shaped couches begin to self-illuminate a soft, dim light. Inviting you into the Moon fantasy, OVER THE MOON was designed by i3Lab [i-cubed-lab] to redefine your environment with a different perspective integrating art... << for more
#i3BED01YLM

Full Moon Odyssey
the dream on the moon / floor-mat.

with Chin Wei Loon
Research site :  Bedroom
Subject :  Floor Circle mattress
Application   :  Touchable Full Moon
Result   :  Dreaming on the Moon
Created   :August 2010

Full Moon Odyssey (Floor Circle Mattress) Full Moon Odyssey is a floor mattress that gives you a dream-like experience as if you are sleeping on the moon. Inviting you from the real world into the dream world, the Full Moon Odyssey redefines your environment with a different perspective integrating art and science. Unlike any other mattresses, the Full Moon Odyssey breaks down the borders of dream and rea... << for more
#i3CHR03OLL

Sea cucumber
the playful adaptation / beanbag

Research site :  living room
Subject :  Sofa/ cushion/ mattress
Application   :  flexible softness
Result   :  Playful adaptation
Created   :June 2007

Sea Cucumber is a new kind of a sofa which has a flexibly changing organic form. It is designed to provide modern people amusements in everyday life. Though its soft skin, we can touch, hug and feel furniture and make it more friendly. Though ‘the suction cups’, it simply attached to and grabs other objects such as a window, ceiling or other smooth surfaces. By doing so, it plays a role of medium between pe... << for more
#i3CHR02RDS

h (x,y,z)
the cloned multi-function / sofa

Research site :  kindergarten
Subject :  chair/ table/ sofa/ couch
Application   :  h shape
Result   :  Standarded multi-function
Created   :June 2007

‘h (x,y,z)’ is multi-functional furniture for everyday life in a limited space such as a small room and office. It comprises one single unit using EVA foam material that is lightweight, compact, durable and soft. As a single unit, ‘h (x,y,z)’ provides diverse options for our environments: by interlocking individual units with each other, ‘h (x,y,z)’ can be transformed into a chair, table, sofa, couch or bed.... << for more
#i3CHR01BWL

Emotional Evolution
the recovery of hidden emotion / chair

Research site :  lobby / office
Subject :  chair
Application   :  imaginary emotions
Result   :  emotional communication
Created   :July 2007

A special chair with an emotional tail for communications. The chair is designed to solve lack of communication between modern people. With an imaginary tail, the chair encourages us to express our feeling and emotions in urban life. It also gives us an opportunity to imagine as if we go back to the past when human had tail. << for more

? /   1
Copyright 1999-2018 Zeroboard / skin by i³ Lab.